Monday, May 4, 2015

photo facts

I just learned something amazing.  Did you know any of this?


I think the most amazing fact on here is that a printed photo can last up to 200 years.  We're so into digital--so much can be stored so easily--that we forget that good, old-fashioned PRINTED photos really last a long time!  Besides that, formats change all the time and who knows when some sort of digital storage will be obsolete! 


 

UPDATE 2022:  When looking for digital photo storage, be aware that many companies have fine print that reserves the right to terminate your account, use your content, or mine (sell) your data.  Look for permanent, private photo storage.  My best recommendation for digital photo storage is Forever Storage, for these reasons:


When looking for printed products, be sure you find the highest quality available!  There are plenty of bargain bin options for printing photos and memories in pages, but take my advice and don't spend money or time twice (because your book fell apart).


I just love knowing my photos and memories are SAFE in both printed and digital form.  Plus, I love being able to provide the books and scrap pages to my family so they have hands-on connections with their life's stories and their memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.