Tuesday, December 26, 2017

"I regret making that storybook," said no one ever.


We all get to choose what we do with our time.  Sometimes we're smart with our time, and sometimes we're dumb with it, but we all get to choose.  Right now my regrets include scrolling too long on Facebook or not exercising when I told myself I would.  Do you have similar regrets? 

One of the most impactful and meaningful uses of time is preserving our photos and stories.  I think it's one of the most {noble ways to use our time}.
  
When I talk about preserving photos, I don't necessarily mean scrapbooking.  So if you're not a scrapbooker, stay with me here because it doesn't matter.  Preserving your experiences through photos and memories can happen any number of ways.


Here are three amazing ways to preserve your photos and memories in digital pages.  If you like the creativity and flexibility (put anything anywhere on a page) of scrapbooking, you'll love the third option here, like I do.  If you just want to get 'er done without spending much time (or learning a computer program), the first two will be your dream come true.  For a quick book with captions, choose the first option.  For more journaling space, choose the second.


The links to get started are in the comments of the video, or you can get started here.

And I'll tell you what!  Spending time to create a storybook has NO REGRETS!


I really love the family yearbooks--a whole year's worth of photos in one book.  There are lots of templates already designed, so it's really just a matter of putting photos where they already go! 


Creating storybooks or scrap pages is one way to spend your time that really makes a difference!  {Studies have even shown} that memory-keeping increases happiness, raises self-esteem, lowers stress, engenders a sense of belonging and purpose, and even makes kids more resilient!  What you create can make a lasting difference.

Do yourself a favor and start enjoying all those memory-keeping benefits RIGHT NOW.  

If you struggle to find time, visit the "need TIME?" tab at the top of this page, and always remember that you can actually {make memory-keeping into a family activity}, not just something on YOUR to-do list!

Or work with friends!  Check out the "Our Community & Events" tab to see what's coming up next.  There are 5 great options for accomplishing your memory-keeping goals by working with others.

Do it!  Create a photo-storybook!  A Forever photo-storybook is a beautiful, high-quality, meaningful way to preserve your life experiences through photos and stories, and it's a meaningful way to spend your time that you'll never regret.

The steps to get started are laid out {here} for you! 

If you like the yearbook idea, this tutorial shows you how simple it is to create using the Design & Print platform from Forever.  (For full flexibility and creativity with the Artisan program, get a basic overview here and see details hereContact me with questions!  I love answering questions and helping people make memory-keeping doable!)

 #noregrets #dontletyourbabiesgrowuptobejpegs


6 comments:

  1. Every year I think to myself that I NEED to get my photos organized before I forget what they're about. But the ease with which we can take photos today makes it an overwhelming prospect. This seems like a simple way to get the job done. #wanderingwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! "Too many digital photos" is a common theme here! :) It's SO EASY to just get overloaded with photos these days. I'm glad you like this idea--it really is a simple and straightforward way to preserve the special moments of our lives. I'm teaching a (free, 40-minute) online class about this very thing on January 10. Come back here next Tuesday January 2 for a link to it! I'm going to break it down further and share some tools and a Two-in-One Plan for catching up on your photos.

      Delete
  2. I love this! Not only do you get to organize and preserve your memories, but the time spent making it can be awesome family time together! Must do this in 2019 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, exactly, Shannon! I'm so glad you're excited about it. :) It really is AWESOME all the way around. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Well-timed! On this week's to-do list (would have happened already except I've been sick) is sorting through the year's photos for our photo card, photo calendar, and Christmas letter! So old-school to send them out, but my older family members especially love them, and I have copies preserved in a binder that serves like an extended family storybook of sorts... #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad! :) I'm old-school, too. Photos, cards, calendars, letters, etc., are so much more personal than social media holiday wish blasts, and I think we need real connections like that. I love your family storybook, keeping copies for yourself. Great idea! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.