Thursday, January 25, 2018

guest post: When Photo Overload Becomes Photo Overwhelm

The 21st century gave us this cute phrase:  "photo overload."  And it's cute until it becomes photo overwhelm.

I talk to so many people who are just overwhelmed with their photos.  They have too many, don't know what to do with them, and really feel like they're being crushed by their photos.


It prompted me to write this post on the Evolve website that I'm a contributor for.  This post has four steps to climb your mountain of photos, introduces the concept of EXTRA, and gives some perspective you may not have thought about before.

I'm so passionate about this!  We are losing our photos.  The most photographed generation in history is quickly becoming the generation without photos.  It's a tragedy.  So I want to help people avoid it!


You can read the post right here:  {"When Photo Overload Becomes Photo Overwhelm."}*

And don't forget to share what inspired you.  There are social media links at the bottom of this post as well as the original post.


Preserve your photos!


#dontletyourbabiesgrowuptobejpegs

*UPDATE:  Of necessity, the post from Evolve was moved to LifeTales Books in 2019. 

4 comments:

  1. True words! So easy to feel overwhelmed with the overload:) . You always break the difficult down into simple steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! I really appreciate that--my whole goal is to help obstacles become doable. I'm glad that comes across. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  2. This article really encourages me, like "let's do this!" I have 5 years of photos to do, but I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad!! :) That's exactly what I want to do--encourage and inspire. It really is do-able, and the rewards are so sweet. :)

      Delete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.