Thursday, April 11, 2019

Storing and Transporting Your Photos (with tips on just plain loving them)

Are you planning a move?  Do you know someone who is?  While it can be daunting enough to pack up pans and side tables and board games, it can be downright scary to consider moving the most precious thing you own:  your photos.

Amy from {Needed in the Home} has moved many times!  I consider her somewhat of an expert.  She always has lots of great moving tips on her website.  As it turns out, she considers me somewhat of an expert when it comes to photos, so I was thrilled when she asked me to write a guest post for her blog.  Amy wanted some pointers on moving your photos.  With so many options and opinions out there, photos these days can come in many forms, so my article addresses all of them.  I'm so excited to share it with you--and there are some helpful ideas for storing and loving photos even if you're not moving, too!

2021 UPDATE:  Since writing this original post, I have learned about a secure, private, permanent photo storage option called Forever.  Most cloud photo storage reserves rights to your photos (to use or sell) and has fine print that gives them the right to discontinue their services.  Forever guarantees your private, permanent photo storage for your lifetime + 100 years.  With Forever, you purchase the storage so you OWN it, and there are no maintenance fees.  You can store not only photo files but also video files, audio files, and PDF documents, too.  Click here to learn more about Forever Storage.  

Here is {How to Safely Transport the Most Precious Thing You Own:  Moving with Your Photos}.  You're going to love my very last tip at the end!

Save and share by Pinning to Pinterest!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I read the article that you wrote for the other blog. Very interesting!! Once I get caught up on some things I need to do around the house before my surgery and then once I am on the mend after my surgery, I really need to start organizing photos, news paper clippings etc...It is going o be one of my major retirement projects.... Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I'm so glad you enjoyed the article and took something away from it. You know, mending from surgery is a great time for things like this. I had two foot surgeries 6 months apart a few years ago and I got SO MUCH digital photo organizing and digital scrapbooking done! It was lovely. :) Thanks so much for reading and for your great comment.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.