Monday, August 22, 2016

DIY wine glass tags

All right, so I'm a {Pinterest} fan.  I saw a home decor idea there about a year ago where you fill hurricane vases or even wine glasses with beads, candies, beans, and various fillers to represent holidays.  I did it and like it, but I've kinda felt like it's not quite complete--like I'd like to have a little more.

AND THEN I GOT A SUPER AMAZING IDEA of a simple, inexpensive, but fun and darling thing I could do with Heritage Makers:  DIY wine glass tags.


This obviously goes with my decor idea, but can you imagine the possibilities?!  This would be so fun and unique for parties, weddings, and other special occasions.  

All you do is use a Heritage Makers 12x12 scrap page and make 1 1/2" circles then put your message inside it. 


Here's half of my Heritage Makers scrap page.  See how I did all the holidays?  (And a couple extra.)  You can fit 56 circles that are 1 1/2" on a 12x12 scrap page.  I did two per holiday because I have two wine glasses for my home decor, but if you're making actual name tags, that's 56 people from a $4 scrap page!  Or $6 for a double-sided scrap page like I used--see how the "I [heart] America" is the front, and the other one at the right shows the back of the scrap page? 

Be sure to add the UV coating option when you check out just so you get a little sturdier page.  After you've ordered your scrap page and it comes in the mail (you'll need 7-10 business days), you just cut out the little circles.  Then punch a hole in the top with a small hole punch (not a regular one--you can get small ones at craft stores).

You'll need to buy some memory wire.  And you'll want some wire cutters.  Just snip a circle.


Then use some pliers to bend each end of the wire circle.

Then slip the wire through the circles and hook them together.

This is what my home decor wine glasses look like--with holiday themes.


2023 UPDATE:  Heritage Makers became YPhoto under Youngevity (which purchased Heritage Makers in 2013).  YPhoto uses only templates, so the creativity showcased here is no longer available there. Best-in-the-industry quality and permanent cloud photo storage with guaranteed privacy are required for anything recommended here by Photo & Story Treasures, so we highly recommend Forever.  

Using Forever's Artisan program for digital scrapbooking, you can make items similar to those shown here.  This video tutorial shows you how to craft with high-quality scrapbook pages, and this one shows you how to use Artisan to create something unique and then print at home (for instances in which you need thinner paper, sticker paper, etc.)  You can see just a few examples of crafting I've done using Artisan here, including cards, magnets, dry-erase boards, and other products.


I also made some with a summer theme.  Instead of beads and candles, I went for sand and shells (just purchased at a craft store).  I LOVE this one!!



But then again, I'm a beach gal.  ;)

Here's the February/Valentine one.  Doesn't this make you think of how fun these would be for a wedding?


These could have PICTURES on them!!  Class reunions!  Family reunions!  Retirement parties!  Birthdays!

The possibilities are endless.