"Scrapbooking isn't just re-living memories. It's re-loving them." ~Janna W.
I'm celebrating my 16th blogiversary with this year-long series. This month for Scrapbook Look #10, I've got a variety of page layouts to share.
First is a pretty simple layout I created to leave lots of space for journaling. It's kind of a different look, which I think is fun, and I've used minimal embellishments to make the photos the highlight.
I love the digital scrapbooking software I use (credited below) for many reasons, but one is the ability to resize photos to make a design like this, then zoom in or adjust the photos as needed. I also love being able to use fonts from my computer--I'm kind of a font collector. I used the "glow" effect for the title which makes it stand out a little more.
So far, I have been sharing my
everyday yearbook pages. That's where the majority of my photos go. However, I periodically make other books as well.
I am currently working on two books of special collections. The designs on each page throughout each book is exactly the same, only made as mirror-image pages (which I can do with a click in my awesome software).
First up, my Christmas ornament collection. I have a "title page" at the beginning of the book:
I really love that Christmas carol sheet music digital art! (credited below)
And then the layouts of the Christmas ornament collection book look like this:
I wanted a subtle, neutral design that would go with whatever colors or styles of ornaments I have. I love those frames! This will be a little 8x8 softcover book, so one picture per page will highlight each ornament nicely.
And each nativity, too! I collect nativities as well, and this is the current book of my nativities that I'm working on.
Here's the "title page"
And then the layouts of the Christmas nativity book are again all the same throughout the book, with mirror-image (almost) pages. Here, too, I wanted mostly neutral colors since my nativity collection is so varied.
I really like being able to tell the stories of each piece of my collections. I think they're valuable to me just because I like them, but they'll be more valuable to my children and grandchildren when they know the history behind them.
CREDITS
- Scrapbook pages made using Artisan software by Forever. (information | subscription | digital art store)
- Digital art credit: Travel Tidbits USA 2 Puffy Stickers by Designs by Mandy King, Summer Vacation Digital Embellishments by StoryBook Legacy, Christmas Wishes Scrapbook Kit by Katie Pertiet Designs, Snippets - Christmas Music by Designs by Mandy King, Star of Wonder Collection by Across the Pond, Today's Your Birthday by LJS Designs, All is Bright Kit by Seatrout Scraps, See the World Page Kit by FOREVER Digital Art,
- Digital book printed here (in gorgeous, high-quality pages I fall in love with every time), with the digital version PDF also kept forever there in my private account.
NOTE: I am a Forever affiliate called an Ambassador (a decision I made because I love it so much), so you will find affiliate links in this post. I earn a commission from anything purchased at my website, and being your Ambassador means I'm here to help you with questions, too. If you're new to Forever and open your free account here to give it a try, you'll get a $20 welcome coupon towards anything mentioned in this post, along with 2 GB of private Cloud Storage (a $50 value). FAQ
Why digital?
First, there's no "right way" to scrapbook, except for two things: 1- quality so your book will last for many, many years to come, and 2- something you will love and therefore do.
I personally choose digital because it's faster and easier, taking up less space in my house than the papers and scissors and stickers (and table space) I needed when I was a paper scrapbooker. I like that instead of having to crop (cut) a photo to make it fit, I can easily resize, zoom in, etc.
I also love the ability to print multiple copies with just the click of a button, and for safety reasons I like that my scrapbooks exist both digitally and in print. (I have scanned my old paper scrapbooks for the same reason.)
And you print it, too?
Yes!! Aside from what I mentioned above: Print has increased accessibility! I print my digitally-created scrapbooks because print is an easily-accessible form of seeing and also sharing (and gifting!) photos and memories. Print doesn't need a full battery in an expensive gadget. Plus, photo experts still recommend print as an important way to store photos and memories, in addition to digital forms.
Thanks for stopping in. See you at next month's Scrapbook Look! We've only got 2 more in this series. (Or, first click the Scrapbook Look tag at the bottom of this post to see more scrapbook pages.)
 |
| To save and share this post, Pin this image. |
Follow Photo & Story Treasures on social media here:
Such beautiful scrapbook pages. I really love the ornament pages.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Amy! :)
Delete