This month, I'm starting off with a pretty simple page layout that uses a couple of features I really like about digital scrapbooking.
First, I really like using arrows to point out hard-to-see things in photos that you might otherwise miss. In this page, I took pictures of a day gone wrong. We set out to do a little local sightseeing but everything changed when we got a flat tire. (We made the best of it with milkshakes while we waited for new tires.) It's a little hard to see the 3-inch gash in the tire if you don't know what you're looking for, so I added the yellow arrow to point it out.
Second, I have a digital art embellishment that spelled out ADV-ENT-URE DAY just like this, only it didn't go with the colors I had chosen for this page, so I used this great tool in my Artisan scrapbooking software called Alphasets to just make my own embellishment (so easy!) in a matching color. Here's how it works:
Isn't that cool?! They're really great for titles, but it was just perfect to use them for this little embellishment (which is kind of a title for this page, now that I think about it).
Next up, we have a fun two-page layout of a family visit that included a Cinco de Mayo themed birthday party (along with a few pictures from earlier in the day--I'm more of a chronological scrapbooker than a strictly-themed-page scrapbooker).
I don't always have events that require two-page layouts, but since my digital scrapbooking ends up in a bound book, it's a fun thing to be able to do.
I used a blueprint from my Pixels2Pages membership (the free April 2026 blueprint) which I filled in with colored papers of my choosing, and I really like how this particular layout is kind of divided into sections. It makes it easier to see groups of related photos, I think--especially because I put so many photos on the pages.
The Mexican-themed paper I chose for the background was bright originally, and I felt it competed with everything else going on on the pages, so I used the opacity/transparency tool in Artisan until the colors were muted just right!
My last share for today also uses an exclusive blueprint from my Pixels2Pages membership (the free May 2026 blueprint this time). Because of the nature of the event (which was spending time in nature!), I thought a layout design that highlights a photo as a background across two pages was perfect!
The large title font is called Adorable Signature, which I downloaded from my favorite 1001freefonts.com, and the journaling font is Rockwell.
Don't you just feel like scrapbooks bring everything to life in a way that photos on phones and computers just don't? Just can't?
I highly recommend scrapbooking as a self-care activity! Truly. I love how I feel when I'm doing it, and I love that I have something lovely to show for it after, too.
Join me again next month for the last Scrapbook Look of this year-long series!
Digital book printed here (in gorgeous, high-quality pages I fall in love with every time), with the digital version PDF also kept forever there in my private account.
NOTE: I am a Forever affiliate called an Ambassador (a decision I made because I love it so much), so you will find affiliate links in this post. I earn a commission from anything purchased at my website, and being your Ambassador means I'm here to help you with questions, too. If you're new to Forever and open your free account here to give it a try, you'll get a $20 welcome coupon towards anything mentioned in this post, along with 2 GB of private Cloud Storage (a $50 value).
FAQ
Why digital?
First, there's no "right way" to scrapbook, except for two things: 1- quality so your book will last for many, many years to come, and 2- something you will love and therefore do.
I personally choose digital because it's faster and easier, taking up less space in my house than the papers and scissors and stickers (and table space) I needed when I was a paper scrapbooker. I like that instead of having to crop (cut) a photo to make it fit, I can easily resize, zoom in, etc.
I also love the ability to print multiple copies with just the click of a button, and for safety reasons I like that my scrapbooks exist both digitally and in print. (I have scanned my old paper scrapbooks for the same reason.)
And you print it, too?
Yes!! Aside from what I mentioned above: Print has increased accessibility! I print my digitally-created scrapbooks because print is an easily-accessible form of seeing and also sharing (and gifting!) photos and memories. Print doesn't need a full battery in an expensive gadget. Plus, photo experts still recommend print as an important way to store photos and memories, in addition to digital forms.
Thanks for stopping in. See you at next month's Scrapbook Look! (Or, first click the Scrapbook Look tag at the bottom of this post to see more scrapbook pages.)
To save and share this post, Pin this image.
Follow Photo & Story Treasures on social media here:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know you visited: Leave a comment! We aim to be positive, informative, and inspiring here, so any comments that match this vision are welcome. Comment moderation is in place, so you may not see your comment right away. Please note that comments with advertisements are not published.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know you visited: Leave a comment! We aim to be positive, informative, and inspiring here, so any comments that match this vision are welcome. Comment moderation is in place, so you may not see your comment right away. Please note that comments with advertisements are not published.