Monday, August 29, 2016

framed prints and home decor

There are a lot of options for home decor from Heritage Makers--canvases, metal prints, wood prints, posters, and such.  But one of my favorites is super simple.  Just create a scrapbook page and frame it!

For only a few dollars, you can create really beautiful, fun, meaningful, trendy (whatever you're going for) items for your home.  I came across this quote that was posted by {CR Conversations} that I absolutely adored:

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up."  ~A. A. Milne

Around my house, some people have issues with a lot of planning ahead.  I, however, am all about the planning, all about the organizing.  So I pretty much REALLY NEEDED this quote for my office.

All it took was an 8.5x11 scrap page and some perfect digital art, and voila!

Waited for my order from Heritage Makers to come in the mail.

Framed on my desk.

Want to make some cool home decor (or gifts!!) like this from prints, scrap pages, etc.? {Get started right here.}

2023 UPDATE:  Heritage Makers became YPhoto under Youngevity (which purchased Heritage Makers in 2013).  YPhoto uses only templates, so the creativity showcased here is no longer available there. Best-in-the-industry quality and permanent cloud photo storage with guaranteed privacy are required for anything recommended here by Photo & Story Treasures, so we highly recommend Forever.  

Using Forever's Artisan program for digital scrapbooking, you can make items similar to those shown here.  This video tutorial shows you how to craft with high-quality scrapbook pages, and this one shows you how to use Artisan to create something unique and then print at home (for instances in which you need thinner paper, sticker paper, etc.)  You can see just a few examples of crafting I've done using Artisan here, including cards, magnets, dry-erase boards, and other products.