Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Dear Burned-Out Scrapbooker,

updated 2021

Dear Burned-Out Scrapbooker,

I know.  You're just so busy now.  You know how important your photos are.  You want your kids to have their memories.  You know how good it is for your own heart and soul to take the time to sit down with your life experiences and make something beautiful out of them.  But things have changed and you just don't have the time any more.

To make matters worse, you feel guilty that those pictures are just sitting there.  Waiting.

SOME DAY.  Some day you are going to get back to it, get caught up.  Why can't they come up with something simple and quick?  Why can't there be a faster way to make sweet records of photos and memories?  It's so important!

Welcome to the day your dreams come true.  


Chances are, the pictures you're taking these days are digital.  Why not make scrapbooks that are digital, too?  You get to skip the step of printing photos, and digital scrapbooks come together a lot faster than hand-scrapped ones.

Take it from someone who has been doing it for 10+ years and is always caught up on digital scrapbooking!  


Digital pages come together quickly because--depending on which method you choose--you can use a pre-designed template, or you can use the "copy page" feature so you can copy entire pages with the click of a button, then just change out photos and text without having to re-build each page!

This also means you can make multiple pages for multiple kids with just the click of a button!


Creating digitally is just faster, but you'll get the same beautiful result when you print your digital scrapbooks.


Here are the three heirloom-quality platforms I recommend (and use and love).  Having three different options means you can choose time-saving templates or creative-time flexibility of digital scrapbooking software.  See what you think:

One great way of catching up on photos if you have a lot to preserve is the Family Yearbook!


This article, {One Solution to Too Many Photos:  A Family Yearbook} explains the organization of Yearbooks, why some Yearbooks are head-and-shoulders above the rest, and even gives a detailed plan for how to catch up preserving photos if you're behind!

AND THERE'S A VIDEO TUTORIAL AT THAT LINK, TOO!

For really simple family yearbooks, here's a great option to consider:


Or if you want to take your creative love of scrapbooking and go digital, you can make yearbooks with this program as well:


Oh, burned-out scrapbooker, you're one of my favorite people.  You know the value of what you're creating for your family.  I especially love helping YOU find easier ways to do it because you already know it's one of the best things you can do.  


With Love and Well-Wishes,
Jennifer


P.S.  Come work with me on your photos!  See this link for the next Yearbook Boot Camp, or email me at photoandstorytreasures@gmail.com to host your own Yearbook Boot Camp online with just your friends.

Save and share this post by Pinning this image to Pinterest or using the share buttons at the left.

#dontletyourbabiesgrowuptobejpegs

18 comments:

  1. Having a family yearbook sounds fun! I can see that becoming a tradition in our family.

    Thanks for joining #WanderingWednesday #linkup with Confessions of Parenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's a really great method of memory-keeping that's simplified and not overwhelming. Plus, it's high-quality and beautiful, and kids especially love thumbing through and re-living good times. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. You always have such cute ideas and are so encourage to all of us to keep trying to preserve our photos in a format other than a jpeg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slowly getting back into scrapbooking after a good 2+ year hiatus. I hate how behind I feel but at least I have stopped scrapbooking every little thing I do with my boys. Now I save the pages for those extra special moments-- holidays, vacations, birthdays, etc. These look like great kits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for reading and the great comment, too. I love that you said you are scrapbooking or preserving the pictures and memories of special things. I think that's SUCH an important perspective and focus. Back in the day of film (when my kids were babies), it was common to only take a roll or two or three (of 36!) a year, but now we can take that in a day or two. So people get overwhelmed because they just have too many pictures to feasibly do something with. Giving up on photos entirely is way too common these days. I'm so happy to hear that you've decided to just preserve the favorites. That's always what I recommend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at the #WednesdayAIMLinkParty 41! Shared ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me! :) And thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. I have done a couple of digital scrapbooks but I love the old fashioned, hands on kind. But unfortunately, while I'm not burned out, I just have so little time right now. So I may try my hand at a couple more digital ones. I'm pinning this so I can come back and check out your class and other resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did digital scrapbooking for years and loved the hands-on effects, so I totally get that. What you mentioned about having so little time is why I moved to digital. It's so much faster, and I don't have to find time and space to get everything out. The digital scrapbooking software I've been using for the last 2 years is so much fun because I can "cut" paper and shapes and do neat edging like I used to do with paper. I love it! I'm glad you pinned this so you can check it out later--that second video will probably be your favorite. :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the comment, Donna.

      Delete
  7. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 129. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love taking photos and looking at them…but I never print them out! I think we are missing out on lots of great memories and storytelling opportunities by not having physical photos to look at with our loved ones. Just my two cents! I found you on your link party “Calling Fellow Bloggers.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way--there's a special something about the physical photos, whether just a print or in a book. I always print my digital scrapbooks. I guess some people don't, but I agree with you that we miss out if we don't. So glad you found me via the link party. :) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. I forgot to change from anonymous to my name! I just commented that I think we are missing out on having physical photos to share with our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Digital scrapbooking is a great idea. I tried scrapbooking when my kids were little but it didn't last long before I fizzled out.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Paper scrapbooking is great if you have a lot of time and space (both storage space and space to spread out in), but there's a lot to be said--especially these days--for the ability of just using your computer to create digitally and then have your books/pages printed professionally. No mess! ;) Thanks for reading and commenting, Paula!

      Delete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.