Friday, February 2, 2018

My Favorite Photo Products



This month on #familyhistoryfriday I’d like to share A Few Of My Favorite Things–some of my favorite products that make life more meaningful!  As you might guess, these will be photo-, story-, and family-related.  Today I’m excited to show you some neat things you can do with your photos.  Here's what I love:

The Yearbook:  All Your Favorite Photos from One Year in One Place

I’ve {mentioned it before}, but this remains one of my all-time favorite photo products.  I think it’s especially helpful (since it’s already organized by month) to help people catch up preserving their photos because you already know where every photo goes.  (Halloween photos  from 2013 go on the October pages of the 2013 book.)



You can have just two pages for each month, or you can add extra pages.  So often we feel like if we took 100 pictures, then we need to put 100 pictures in our books.  Where’s that rule?!  With the abundance of photos most of us have, it can be wise to have to pick your favorites.


UPDATE 2021:  I love this method for creating yearbooks, both because the product itself is heirloom quality and because the templates are amazingly easy to use, meaning you can have a whole yearbook done in no time!
  
Digital Scrap Pages (loose leaf) 

Since I started as a traditional/paper scrapbooker years ago– before digital existed –I like the loose leaf version of preserving my photos and stories.  I like being able to add in kids’ artwork or class photos as well as movie stubs and plane tickets and other 3-D items.  It's just how I roll.  And I love how much faster digital scrap pages are to make than paper ones since there’s the lovely little “duplicate page” button in my digital scrapbooking program.  (That alone is an ENORMOUS TIME SAVER for me!!)


UPDATE 2022:  Photo and Story Treasures recommends Artisan digital scrapbooking software for looseleaf pages in 3 sizes.


I know quite a few people who are trying to make the transition from hands-on memory-keeping (scrapbooking) to digital.  I think digital scrap pages are the perfect way!  They allow you to have multiple types of pages in one album–some hand-scrapped, some digital.  They allow you to swap back and forth as you use up papers and stickers and other embellishments.

Calendars

Another fantastic way to preserve your photos and make sure they’re seen and loved is making a calendar.  A family calendar at Christmastime has been a STAPLE in my family for about 10 years.  Each month has pictures of the family members with birthdays that month.  It’s especially meaningful to us now that my mom has passed away.  Every January, her birthday month, we get to see pictures of her–as a little girl, in her 70s, as a college student, holding grandbabies, etc.  It’s a gift.

Home Decor with Your Own Photos

I think one of the simplest ways to enjoy and share a precious photo is hanging it on a wall.  From metal prints and posters to canvases and wood prints, there’s no better way to capture a moment in time and share it with the world.

Home decor with your own photos can be a beautiful way to keep someone close who has passed on.  It’s a meaningful way to remember a loved one.

Get started with any of these top-quality, meaningful photo products at that link.

These favorite photo products of mine have been created, used, enjoyed, loved, and shared for years and years.  They bring meaningful connections to my home for everyone to see as well as to my family members in their own special moments.  

Never underestimate the power of a photo.

Save and share this post by Pinning.

This post was originally published at www.livegrowgive.org on February 2, 2018, by Jennifer Wise, and was updated in 2021 and 2022.  Find more #familyhistoryfriday posts by clicking the hashtag below next to Labels.

6 comments:

  1. I do need to make a calendar for 2020. I used to make a photo calendar every year....it’s been awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've been doing family photo calendars for a while now, too. I got a great idea to add ancestor birthdays and anniversaries to our 2020 calendar, and I'm SO excited to do it! I think it will be neat to see not only those of us in our immediate family but my grandparents who have passed on, and more. I'm going to take it out to 4 or 5 generations from me! My Heritage Makers calendars really make it so I can be creative and unique. :) I got so excited I already started back in May (or before!). :) Thanks for reading and commenting, Kristie. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up at the #WednesdayAIMLinkParty 41!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to get back to making calendars! Thanks for linking up at the #WednesdayAIMLinkParty 41

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun?! I LOVE giving them to my extended family each year for Christmas. :) It's such a fun way to connect, remember special birthdays and anniversaries, and revisit pictures of family members. :) Thanks for stopping by, Sylvia.

      Delete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.