Thursday, June 20, 2019

It's Not About Photo Storage: How to Organize, Print, and SEE Pictures

This post was updated in 2022.

Isn't that kind of the focus these days, though?  Photo storage?  People spend a lot of time and money making sure their photos are safely stored somewhere.  But guess what?

We're missing the entire point!

Have you put away your winter clothes?  Why?  Because you don't intend to use them for six months, right?  That's what storage IS.  It's putting something elsewhere that you don't intend to use or see or even look at right now.

That's great for winter clothes, but what about pictures?


Pictures aren't meant to be temporary.  In fact, we take pictures to hold onto and remember moments that are fleeting.  So pictures aren't meant to be stored.  The purpose of a picture is to SEE IT.

So let's get back to basics and not listen to the digital photo storage frenzy going on around us.  Now I'm not saying digital pictures shouldn't be backed up, because they should, but that should never be our final goal.  We shouldn't be satisfied that our precious photos are somewhere where we rarely if ever see them, somewhere where we can't actually write down a couple of sentences about what makes that photo worth taking and worth remembering.

Connecting with your photos and memories has tremendous power including self-esteem and increased happiness.  Read more benefits, including self-care and wellness, {at this list}.


These four blog posts will help you organize, print, and SEE your pictures!  Read these helps and start seeing your pictures again!
Now when I talk about printing photos, there are lots of options, so here are three recommendations.  They're all highest-in-the-industry quality, so you really can't lose.  

Each of these three options is different, and I love that because there is truly something for everyone, from simple pre-designed templates to creative and flexible digital scrapbooking.  See which one is your favorite and would work well for you.  



Plus, if you're behind on preserving your photos, I have several suggestions (and a PLAN!) at the "how to catch up on your photos" tab along the top of this blog below the header.  Or find it {right here}.

When you're done reading whichever of those posts interests you most, or watching whichever video catches your fancy, come back and comment below to tell me which suggestions were the most helpful.  Which ones will get you SEEING and loving your memories in pictures, not just storing them?

Did you find this article helpful?  Pin this image to save and share on Pinterest,
or use the social media share buttons at the left.

Follow Photo & Story Treasures on social media here:
  

7 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I have so many photo that I need to organize and put into photo storage containers. I have a table set up with everything on it in my craft room...Now all I have to do is start working on it...My recovery from my knee replacement surgery is going well and I am getting stronger each day....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I'm so glad your recovery is going well! I'm glad that you're getting a good start on your pictures. Organizing is the first step, and then it's just fun. :) Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have tons and tons of pics these days due to our phones being so accessible but yet no one prints and displays pics like they used to. Pinned ♥ I invite you to linkup this post and more at my UNLIMITED Monthly Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, Dee. We take so many pictures because it's so easy, but most people end up having no pictures. It's a shame because pictures are so good for the heart and soul. They're even therapeutic! Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Thanks for Pinning, too! I would love to share this post at your link party--thanks for inviting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 2! Shared ♥ I’d like to invite you to linkup this post and more at the Wednesday AIM Link Party (starting tomorrow night).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, you always provide helpful information. I realized the other day that I have an excessive amount of photos on my phone. Your post pushed me to go through my phone this week. I'm visiting from Will blog for comments #31. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, Stephanie! I'm so glad you were inspired! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and thoughts and letting me know how this post helped you. So happy you stopped by!

      Delete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.