Monday, May 30, 2016

make your own board book for kids!

Hey, remember a couple of months ago when I told you about Heritage Makers' newest product, the Board Book?  And I gave you some info and showed you a bunch of pictures?
Well, I'm very happy to say that I now have photos of my own board book.  This one is actually very special to me and very meaningful.

My mom passed away last year.  My brother's daughter was almost 2.  He and his wife have been concerned about her not really remembering my mom, and not having a chance to get to know her.  We talked about making a Heritage Makers book for her.  I am already making a book of my mom's life for all of us, but I couldn't really figure out how to summarize everything my mom was into something a toddler would understand and appreciate.

And then the board books came out.  And I decided that the main message we want my niece to know is that her grandma loves her.


Throughout the book, my niece can read about all the things that her grandma loved.
 

And it concludes with how Grandma loved her grandchildren the very most.
 
 
This is going to be an invaluable gift to my niece.

I was really impressed by the binding.  I mean, a board book that's intended to be used by kids has to be sturdy.  The pages are nice and thick, and the binding is a black material that looks like a backpack strap.  (I'm at a loss for what that material is--nylon maybe?)  Anyway, it's sturdy stuff. 



It's really AMAZING to be able to make your own board book!  

I designed my board book myself, but you can use a template if you prefer.  There are more and more templates for board books being added to our fabulous Template Gallery all the time.  Here's "I Love You Because You Are You."  
 

And this cute little Book Of Family Faces! 
 

This one is "What I Love About You From A to Z".  I love this one, too.


A book is an incredible gift for a child anyway, but THIS kind of book is just so meaningful and can make SUCH an impact!!

2023 UPDATE:  Heritage Makers and Snap2Finish became YPhoto under Youngevity (which purchased Heritage Makers in 2013).  YPhoto uses only templates, so the creativity showcased here is no longer available there, and they also no longer have capability to print previously-created projects like these from the old system. YPhoto is not a photo storage site like Heritage Makers was. 

Best-in-the-industry quality and permanent cloud photo storage with guaranteed privacy are required for anything recommended here by Photo & Story Treasures, so we highly recommend Forever.  See examples of kids books using Forever's easy templates:
If you prefer designing your own book for a more personalized look and message, both the lay-flat book and the standard book can be created using Artisan digital scrapbooking software.  Learn more about Artisan here.
Pin to save and share!

Follow Photo & Story Treasures on social media here:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.