Tuesday, November 14, 2017

12 (Days of) Christmas gift ideas - part 2

How fun are those ideas I posted last week?!  I love them!  Today we're continuing our 12 (Days of) Christmas gift ideas.  Whether you need 12 Christmas ideas or 2, there are some really unique gift ideas here that you're going to love!


2023 UPDATE:  Heritage Makers became YPhoto under Youngevity (which purchased Heritage Makers in 2013).  YPhoto uses only templates, so the creativity showcased here is no longer available there. Best-in-the-industry quality and permanent cloud photo storage with guaranteed privacy are required for anything recommended here by Photo & Story Treasures, so we highly recommend Forever.  

I am working on updating each of these items, designing them using Forever's Artisan digital scrapbooking program.  As I do so, I will update this post.  Better yet, I'll include a direct link so you can just order without having to design anything yourself!

Using Forever's Artisan program for digital scrapbooking, you can make items similar to those shown here.  This video tutorial shows you how to craft with high-quality scrapbook pages, and this one shows you how to use Artisan to create something unique and then print at home (for instances in which you need thinner paper, sticker paper, etc.)  You can see just a few examples of crafting I've done using Artisan here, including cards, magnets, dry-erase boards, and other products.


Day 7:  Single-Serve Cake Recipes
This is another fun idea (like Day 4 from last week) for a sweet treat to be eaten later.  This playing card deck has instructions for 10 different kinds of single-serve cakes using boxed cake mix and a few simple ingredients.



Once you receive the playing card deck, you can take one of each recipe, punch a hole in the corner, and tie together with ribbon.  Give with a box of cake mix if you like!  One playing card deck makes enough for 5 of 10 recipes plus instructions.  A playing card deck is about $17.  (TEMPLATE 85477)

I have to tell you, I LOVE this gift idea, so I decided to give this as gifts to girlfriends this year.  I used this template and switched out the backgrounds and digital art for something I liked better.  (I LOVE that about Heritage Makers!  And all the digital art is included!!!)  I changed the fonts, too.  These photos of MY Quick Cakes gives you a better idea of what this gift will look like after you order then assemble them.

They come in a plastic case.


Deal out the cards!  :D  (Put one of each recipe in each pile.)
 

The backs of all the cards will say "Quick Cakes," but the fronts are all different.  I put the "Helpful Hints" card as the front by turning it over.  (You'll see that better in the next picture.) Punch holes in the corners and put a ring or ribbon (or both) through the holes.


(See?  Here's the little bundle opened.  So the front card shows Quick Cakes on the front and Helpful Hints on the back.)


Now I've flipped a few more "pages."  You can see all the cards say "Quick Cakes" on the back, with different recipes on the front.  
 

I think these are SO ADORABLE.


Update 2024:  Since the program I used to make these Quick Cakes mini-recipe cards changed and no longer offers the capability for creative designs like this--or reordering of previously-completed projects--I have re-created these cards using 8.5x11 scrapbook pages with my favorite digital scrapbooking software.  Better still, you can click this link to order them directly!

Day 8:  We WHISK you a Merry KISSmas
Have you seen this cute idea before?  You fill a whisk with Hershey Kisses--just separate the wires and put the chocolates inside.  We WHISK you a Merry KISSmas!  These tags are just the thing:

These are made from a 12x12 scrap page.  (TEMPLATE 99434)  You'll cut them out after you order them, then attach to a whisk.  Scrap pages are $4.28 each.  ***BE AWARE that this template includes three total scrap pages--one scrap page with instructions and two that look like this.  If you want just one page of these tags and no instructions page, you can open the project for editing, click "manage pages" at the upper right, then delete the pages you don't want.

Day 9:  Gift Labels from Santa
Who do you know who would be excited to receive gift labels signed by Santa?

This would be a gift to parents, of course, who would have fun using them for their own gift-giving!  Labels come in a set of 54 for around $3.  (TEMPLATE 71825)

Day 10:  Candle Wraps
Wrap a Christmas-scented candle and thank someone for their hospitality.  These are made from a 12x12 scrap page.  Cut out from the scrap page and tie around a candle with ribbon. 

UPDATE 2024:  Here are the candle wraps I made using Artisan.  I love them.  They're a little smaller (i.e. cheaper) than the original ones shown above because I decided to make them on an 8x8 scrap page instead of 12x12.  


I think they still look good with a 22 oz. candle (shown below), but this size gives you an option to downsize the candle, if you prefer, to the 18 oz.


As promised, here's the link to the project itself so you can just order it without having to create anything yourself.  Woo-hoo! 

Day 11:  "Be Merry" Gingerbread Table Runner
This adorable table runner is made from a playing card deck!  Just order the deck, then punch holes with a mini hole punch and tie with ribbon.  The "Be Merry" message will stand up accordion-style.



And it stores flat, too!  

Day 12:  Christmas Subway Print
Made from a simple 11x14 print, this subway art poster highlights all the joys of Christmas and can be displayed year after year.  Personalize with the recipient's name or leave blank.  
Or choose this one from Luke 2 

Did you find something you loved?  Whether or not you are looking for 12 gifts or 1, I hope you found something unique and fun.  Happy gift-giving!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I love these ideas and the fact that the templates are offered right here on the site.The single serve cake recipe cards and whisks are adorable and quite unique. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me, too, Candi! :) Aren't these SO fun? Like you, I love that these are really unique ideas because it makes them extra special. I love the reactions I've gotten when I've given some of these things--especially the cake recipe cards. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Be sure to let me know if you need any help getting started creating any of these sweet things at my website. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice ideas!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 6. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. I had so much fun putting this post together! Thanks for visiting and sharing. :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at #AThemedLinkup 174 for All Things Christmas. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dee. And thank you for the Pin as well.

      Delete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.