Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Dare to Find Your VOICE through the Power of Story

Stories are who we are.  We all have empowering stories, whether we see them or not.  Our stories are something we can stand on to become who we want to be.  Telling--especially writing--our own stories has tremendous power because knowing stories creates connections.  You can even get to {know yourself} better!


{Cary Mac Arthur} says, "Feeling is the secret.  If I want to feel empowered, going to a moment from my past or from my story brings the feeling back.  Then I can move forward. ...  That's what writing our story and having a picture does for us."


I was recently asked to be a guest on the Dare to Find Your Voice podcast with Cary Mac Arthur. Cary is an expert in teaching people how to discover their own voices.   She asked me to talk about the importance of finding your story, writing your story, and sharing your story.  We talked about how cathartic and powerful it is to go through your pictures and tell the story of your life experiences.


Are you ready to write your story?  You'll love the connections, sense of purpose, and even the therapeutic benefits that come from the simple act of organizing your life's experience and writing it down.  {This blog post} gives you some great resources for telling your story, and {this link} gives you some high-quality possibilities for publishing your story.

Pin to save and share.

10 comments:

  1. I'm currently learning how to do family history, and this is right in line with what I have been researching! Great post!

    Thanks for joining #WanderingWednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shiree! Family history is AMAZING! It really is. I think none of us expect the power and the relationships that come through it. I'm glad you're getting the neat benefits from it.

      Delete
  2. I'm listening to the recommended podcast right now. Thanks for the recommendation! I, too, am passionate about storytelling. In fact, that is what I blog about---creating an authentic and connected life through the sharing of our stories. Keep up the great work! #WanderingWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'm happy to connect with you. I love finding people with the same passion.

      Delete
  3. Just have to add that I'm loving the podcast. I, too, am a big fan of Bruce Feiler. I'm a huge fan of sharing family history experiences. So glad there are people like you speaking about the power of shared stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the podcast! Thanks so much for listening. There really is so much power in shared stories. :)

      Delete
  4. Sharing our story has a powerful effect on our ability to endure the difficult times. Love this! You have a powerful “VOICE”!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

This blog is intended to be a positive, informative, inspiring place, so any comments that match this vision are welcome.